Treatment for Brittle Nails : Easy and Quick Tips
Some people might have encountered the issue of brittle nails which maybe seeking for the treatment for brittle nails. This is due to the confidence that having pretty nails as well as having hard and strong nails is a self-satisfaction for most women. Also, a reflection of your personality can be seen from how your nails look like. More importantly, when your nails look dirty, brittle and untreated in some occasions, you could be upbraided for your slovenly appearance in spite of the fact that you are not that messy after all. By all means, you don’t want to be that kind of person, do you?
Why do your nails brittle? According to Huffingtonpost, nails can get brittle more easily as you get older and older, and this problem affect mostly women. When the nails color change or get thicken, it can be signaling us that we are having health problems which includes lungs and heart status, kidney and liver diseases, diabetes, and so on.
However, to have pretty nails that you have always wanted needs efforts. It can be done by giving a special treatment. The easiest and instant way can be realized by going to salon for manicure. In reality, manicure can be realized only if you have much spare time along with special budget. So what will happen to those who don’t have much spare time and enough budgets? Should their dream of having pretty nails be dispelled? Certainly, NO! Frankly speaking, there are still some ways that you could do without having to spend much money on it.
The alternative way is by having your own natural nail moisturizer homemade. By doing this, you don’t have to go back and forth to the salon and your budget can be allocated for other needs. Interested? Let’s check it out!
- Read: make your own homemade body lotion to smooth out your skin
Nail Treatment for Brittle Nails
1. Start from the outer treatment.
Have you ever wanted to have long pretty nails yet always failed because of your nails are weak? You can do several ways to overcome this issue. Start by applying olive oil on the nails regularly. The composition in olive oil can strengthen and harden your nails. Apply it twice a day routinely until you get stronger and harder nails. It is one of the natural vitamins for brittle fingernails that is easily to find.
2. Continue with inner treatment.
After finishing the first treatment yet still no result, it can be the cause of vitamin B deficiency, specifically vitamin B5. The solution would be by consuming vitamin B5 capsule that you can get at the nearest drug store.
Manicure can be done not only at salon but also at home. To have manicure at home, you could prepare the following things:
Things to prepare:
- Hot and cold water
- 2 medium size basins
- Nail Clipper
- Cuticle scissors
- Nail file
- Liquid soap (choose soap noticeably soft for skin)
- Nail Polish (pick your own favorite color)
- Nail Polish remover
- Fine pumice stone/ brick
- Soft brush
- Olive oil (specifically for body treatment)
- Salt as much as needed
- 3 lemon slices
How to heal your damaged nails? Steps:
- If the nails have been colored before, it is recommended to remove the color using nail polish remover in advance.
- Then, that the lemons slice, apply and rub it on the nails for approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
- At the pail filled with hot/warm water, mix the salt, liquid soap, lemon slices and olive oil in it.
- Soak your hands for at least 5 to 10 minutes. Afterwards, soak your legs either.
- Use towel to pat your hands and legs.
- Cut your nails and shape them as you want as you are filing them. Next, clean the cuticle with cuticle scissors.
- As your legs are being soaked, also soaked your hands in the pail filled with cold water.
- Afterwards, rub the dead skin cells using a pumice stone or a brick until those cells are removed. Then, rub with hands until those dirt are removed.
- Dry the nails while giving a massage on fingers and toes so that the blood stream circulates well and the vitamin supply is also distributed evenly. This will give you strong and hard nails.
These are the treatment for brittle nails tips from YesLooks that you can try at home instead of going to salon. But if you have excess money, it doesn’t matter to go to salon and indulge yourself for maximum result. You could manicure your nails at salon for once every 4 months. So, what do you think of this treatment? Have you tried to treat your weak nails using the tips above? If so, do share with us your experience on treating your brittle nails at the comment section below. Hope it helps and don’t forget to share this article to your friends on your social media.